Friday, December 12, 2014

A new beginning ......

As many of you know, I have been the owner of an amazing little scrapbook store called Scrapbookin' Adventures since I opened it in the Fall of 2006 ...... It has brought me many many joys and I've built friendships that I know will last for many years to come.

I have enjoyed being a business owner immensely, but since we've moved to Calgary, managing a business in another province has proved to be more than I am wanting to continue on with .....

..... I made the tough decision to send out this letter yesterday to all our customers and friends .....


Dear Scrapbookin' Adventures customers and friends,

After much thought and many sleepless nights, I have made the tough decision to close the Nanaimo location of Scrapbookin' Adventures. As many of you know, I built this store from scratch in my little office with my new baby boy over my shoulder almost 9 years ago. It has seen many incredible successes and I have made friendships that I know will last long beyond the closing of these doors.

Each and every one of you has played a part in this journey, but I am ready to move on. We all grow and change and then hopefully we document it. This business was built on relationships and was designed to help you create albums to house the amazing memories you experience with your families. I want you to continue to do that in any way you can, for as long as you can because it is so important.


I believe in memory keeping in whatever form you choose to do it. Traditional scrapbooking, pocket pages, mini albums, embellished frames throughout your home and beautiful cards filled with photos and mailed to family and friends. It all matters and it all means so much. Don't stop because this space is no longer here for you to come into each week. Clear a table or two in your home, call the girls and then open a bottle of wine and continue to make and document your memories ..... (do it now before you have one too many glasses of wine and then forget :)

I have had the most wonderful time with this little store over the years but it is time for a new adventure. Though the doors may close on December 30th for the last time in Nanaimo, I have not closed the door on my creativity and you will see me again .....

HINT: If you still want to play along make sure to follow my blog starting in January 2015 for changes as they unfold...www.3dfoamandasandingblock.blogspot.ca

Thank you all for everything you have done to make my time as the owner of Scrapbookin' Adventures such an incredible experience ......

I wish you all the best always ....
j. xo



The reaction has been mixed, but mostly very positive and encouraging. I know many people are sad, including my staff, but it was the best thing for me. I've been trying to put it off for a very long time but now I needed to do this for me.


I am ready for a new chapter and as I said in my letter, I have been creating all along and I have plans for my future beyond my scrapbook store ....


So make sure to keep checking back here for lots of changes in the new year ...... I can't wait to share my new adventures with you !!!!


Talk soon ....


No comments:

Post a Comment