Wednesday, October 16, 2013

'Thankful' Home Decor

In our new/old house we have this fantastic brick fireplace that we painted and i am LOVING decorating it so far .....

..... I found this fantastic fall 'quote' while browsing the Silhouette online store and it gave me an idea. I pulled out my Core'dinations and got to 'work' .....


I took a basic white frame and removed the glass.  I added a piece of Jillian Vanilla Crème cardstock behind the white mat that the frame came with.

I put the frame and matting back together and worked on the piece so that I knew I had all the bits where I wanted them.  Using a piece of orange carstock from the Shattered Collection, I cut this phrase using my Silhouette. (love this)…..



I used (4) different pieces of cardstock to cut all these great leaves from my Silhouette as well. I used my embossing folders and Big Shot to add a bit of pattern to a couple of leaves and lightly sanded off the top to show a bit more interest !!


The David Tutera Wedding Collection has some AMAZING pieces and I am in absolute LOVE with this burlap.  I cut several strips and pulled the 'string's top and bottom so it frayed slightly.  Then I got out my hot glue gun and adhered it to the bottom edge of the frame.  I wanted to ruffle it up a bit so I could add a few more Core'dinations cardstock 'fallen' leaves …… I love how this all came together and it looks fantastic by the fireplace too !!!

Check back tomorrow for a fun fall treat bag .......

TFL ..... Talk soon.



1 comment:

  1. Cute project......I want to see the fireplace.....before and after

    ReplyDelete