Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Halloween Banner

Phewffff !!  This has been a BUSY last week around here ..... We had a birthday party weekend, horses, hockey, new furniture building and a bathroom renovation on top of the usual school days too !!

BUT ..... i did manage to create a fun project to add to our Halloween decor around the house.

When we looked at buying our new/old house this fireplace was a big selling feature for us - BUT it needed a mantle.  It's being built as I post this and I can't wait ...... until then I tacked this fun new Halloween banner where it will be !!!


Core Couture Cardstock by Core'dinations is a BIG fave of mine and was perfect for these fun pumpkins, bats and ghostsand also added in a bit of Spotted Jillian Dot too ...... I ran these through my Silhouette to cut the fun cartoon like shapes.



Once I had them cut I ran them through my laminating machine and then precision cut around them again.  I added some fun googly eyes and a little bit o' twine too !!


Once I had all the pieces just the way I wanted them, I punched small holes in either side and strung black, white and orange twine through to hang my banner ..... the kids were thrilled and I am excited to add this to our Halloween decorations each year !!

TFL ..... Talk soon.


1 comment:

  1. So adorable! Looks like a fireplace I had in my old house a few years ago :)

    ReplyDelete