Thursday, July 18, 2013

Layouts & Core'dinations

Hey there .... I'm back for a few days and wanted to get posting again !! Sorry for the lack of projects posted - that's summer for ya .... too busy outside making more photos to scrapbook :))

I've had a few projects featured on blogs lately and thought I'd share them with you here !!

First up is this super fun layout for Core'dinations Color Core Cardstock (LOVE LOVE LOVE this cardstock)


Over the years I’ve seen adorable tag projects but have never takent the time to create one myself …. Until I got these fantastic Core’dinations tags – LOVE them !!! 


Of course like many of you I’m sure, I tend to take an absolute TON of pics of my kids and the stack I have of Alexander’s 1st soccer camp from a few summers back was crazy !!  Lots of them were taken from quite far away but the expressions on his face and his actions were so cute I wanted to capture them all but needed to crop the photos small to really focus on him....


I started with a Spotted Jillian Dot base in French Roast and sanded off the top to show my fave big dots underneath.  I chose 4 colors in 2 sizes of tags to emboss and ran them through my Big Shot with different  Darice  embossing folders (LOVE the clouds) ….. 


I adhere them to the outside edges of the base and then strung natural colored twine through the eyelets and tied them together …..   I cropped my photos and lightly sanded the edges to give me a nice white border and then rasied them onto 6 of the tags using 3D foam.  I typed my journaling onto Snowflake cardstock and trimmed it to fit throughout the layout ….. All that was left was to add a title with some mini alphas !!! 

Come on back tomorrow for another Core'dinations layout and then some organization ideas on the weekend :))

TFL .... Talk soon.
j. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment