Tuesday, March 19, 2013

'All American' Inspiration

I'm so excited to get to finally share these super fun red, white and blue projects with you featuring the BRAND NEW 'All American collection by Bella Blvd.


I was SO excited when I got this collection to work with, and I'm Canadian. My family spends a lot of time in the US and I couldn't wait to create some fun projects for a friend across the border to help her family decorate for this special holiday. 


I've never made a banner before but loved making this one. I chose a couple of my favorite patterned papers to create the flags for the main part of the banner. I added another pattern to the center and adhered it using 2 different Designer Tapes and then went about adding pieces to embellish around the chipboard alpha words.



 I chose to add a white doily under the words and love what it added to each piece. I created a few florettes using one of the new Freestyle Sophisticates and had fun adding to each of them with stickers, flags and buttons too.
  

Can't wait to get this in the mail ….. It's coming to you Allyson !!!


I wanted a couple more pieces to put on the mantle with the banner and I love all kinds of frames so I made this one into an American flag. I made sure I had the proper number of red strips and then added a couple of white stars to the blue section. Super simple, but I love what it stands for and think it's a perfect addition to any 4th of July décor.


I use these little clear buckets for so many occasions and thought this would be a fun party favor for a 4th of July celebration. I used a sticker border and some Cute Cuts to decorate the bucket and then added paper and stickers to the lid too. A few pieces of designer tape and it was ready to fill with popcorn and red, white and blue jellybeans.


Make sure to head over to the Bella Blog for more inspiration ALL WEEK !!! ...... and back here tomorrow for a new LAYOUT too ......

TFL ..... Talk soon.
j. xo

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jennifer, this banner is amazing. I love the doilies and the die cut letters you used. That paper is gorgeous! Your friend will love it!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete