Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Meet Me with Bella Blvd.

Morning :))  Today is my turn to 'get met' on the Bella Blog with a few more of the DT members.....


 This is a fun project that I created for my new term application with Bella.  I am always collecting pieces that I see that I can turn into something different, fun or just give new life to a piece !!


This was a paper mache 'school book' that I wanted to turn into a school pencil box for my daughter.  She began home schooling a little more than a year ago and I am always creating fun new pieces to add to her desk......


I really wanted to get the spine of the book to look authentic so I used a damp sponge to mold the paper to the book.  Once I got it the way I wanted with some wrinkles in it, I added mod podge over it a let it dry.....

I added more patterned paper to the rest of the box and again covered it with mod podge as well as I wanted it to be very functional for her when she used it for her school supplies.... 


The last piece i wanted to add to this box was a sticky note pad to the inside cover......I adhere the back to the inside cover with some twine so that it didn't fall inside the box each time she closed the lid....


All Emma has to do now is add all her supplies and get to work :))

TFL.....Talk soon.
j. xo

2 comments:

  1. How cute is that!!!
    So good to see you again last weekend. Hope you had a good time.

    Hey listen ... sent you a facebook message but I don't think you've seen it yet. Could you send me your email addy pretty please!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic project. My little lady would love one of those too. I'll have to get creating with my Bella goodies too :)

    ReplyDelete