Monday, September 17, 2012

Over on the Bella blog......

These fun frames were featured over on the Bella Blog today !!

Birthday Boy LARGE Altered Frame
This frame was sooooooo fun to put together. Like all of us crafty girls I stop in scrapbook shops whenever I am travelling. I found this great frame in a shop in Montana and had to have it.  
It was a plain kraft color with a great layout for the photo. I could rotate the frame to have the photo in any of the 4 corners, so I chose the top left corner so that I had room to put all the fabulous birthday embellishments off to the right.

I measured the space to cut the window for the photo from my orange chevron pattern and sanded all the edges, even inside the cut out space (I lightly sanded the picture too) and adhered it with a strong quick dry glue to the front of the frame.
After choosing a pattern for my photo mat I adhered my birthday boy’s picture using 3D foam for a bit of dimension. It is nice and easy to remove for next year and add a new birthday photo.

Then I set to work to create the rest of the 'layout'. I added a border sticker, patterned strips; one raised with 3D foam, one folded like ribbon and one cut like a flag. I used several pieces from the cute cuts. I LOVE that hippo and the music notes too. I mixed in some chip shapes (how 'bout the hippo's hat), a button on the hippo's tie and a flag for him to hold. Love it!

Birthday Boy SMALL Altered Frame

I know I've said it before, but I LOVE frames. Big frames, little frames, colored frames and even frames that need some love. This little frame called my name from a sale bin as it was crème and scratched and had a silly phrase on it. I knew I could make it cute again, so I got some paint and the Birthday Boy collection and got to work.


First I painted the edges with a blue to match the paper and then sanded off the edges to distress it a bit. I cut the window from my patterned paper and sanded the edges of that as well.

I was so happy to see the journal card 'you are my favorite' as I have said this to my children since they were babies. Always, 'you are my favorite boy' and 'you are my favorite girl'. This was perfect for this frame so I added a little handwritten note to it for Alex to remember as he grows up. After that, a little bit of designer tape, some chipboard and buttons to complete this 'up-cycled' frame!


Make sure you come back TOMORROW for some more BIG EXCITING NEWS !!!

Talk soon.
j. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment