Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Altered Shelf Tutorial

I often will find pieces that are slightly damaged or just need a little love and then totally re-create them.  This shelf is exactly that……


When I found it in the clearance bin it was a mess......


I didn't like the color and the hooks were all broken.....


The framed out sections were supposed to be chalkboard but it just didn't work for what I wanted so I bought it at a great price, removed the chalkborad piece and got to work.




After taking the remaining pieces of the hooks off, I used a flat spray paint to cover the entire shelf.....


Once I had it painted, I lightly sanded off the edges all around to give it a more weathered look.


I cut pieces of patterned paper to cover the chalkboard and adhered them before I attached the board back to the shelf.



 I added new white hooks ….. and created paper florettes and added stickers and chipboard alphas to embellish....


I love how the shape of the shelf is the same, but it looks completely different…..just add a little paint, new hooks and some fabulous Bella Blvd. product and Emma has a new shelf for her room !!

I hope this inspires you to look at the clearance bins in a different light :))

Talk soon.
j. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment