Monday, April 23, 2012

the Shower and a Card....

Okay....so April is turning out to be the most crazy busy 'i'm seriously never home' month so far this year !!

I came home from Milwaukee and had one day to pack the camper and horse trailer and then we were off to a (5) day horse show......TOTALLY worth the trip as my girl had some of her best rounds EVER.....

here's a pic of her in the jumper ring riding a 3' course .... (yep - I'm super proud :))


.....okay so back to what I promised days ago - SHOWER pics and crafty shots too !!

So as I mentioned, I was in Wisconsin to visit friends and attend a very special baby shower......The host of the shower is a super creative girl you all know and she really outdid herself on all the decor for this fun afternoon.....

Allyson's theme for baby Alyana's room is SOCK MONKEY'S.....who knew there were so many monkey's out there ??!!

So Stephanie being the super crafty girl she is had monkey's EVERYWHERE......


.....they were holding the mini Gigi's Cupcakes.....


......they were sticking out of the mini cupcakes....


.......they were covering the water bottles.....


.......and of course they were on the 'Candy Buffet' table (which by the way was AMAZING)


.....ALL the candy was labeled all around Monkey's.....Such as the liquorice was 'monkey stix' ect.....


The chocolate bars had personalized wrappers welcoming baby Alayna......


There was even a sock basket for Mommy.......she received over (40) pair of new socks.....good thing she loves fun long socks :))


.......and as we left we each received a sewn cloth bag with treats from Bath and Body Works too !!


.......and if we didn't eat enough at the shower, a few of us headed out to have appies, dinner and dessert too !!

I really had the most fun on this trip and can not wait to see these great girls again soon......

......BUT before I go I wanted to share with you the card I gave Allyson with her gift.


....i LOVE the new baby girl collection from Bella Blvd. and of course had to use it for the baby card......


........I used patterned paper border punched for the background, added a couple of punched circles, precision cut pieces from the Cute Cuts, added a chip shape, a button with twine and finished off with ribbon folding my fave new designer tape :))

I've got a few more posts to share before I head out AGAIN this week....this time with my kids to Banff to visit Scott for the weekend.....it was a quick decision surprise trip and I can't wait to hang out with my family for a few days ..... for sure I'll have pictures to share next week !!!

Talk soon.
j. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment