Friday, December 16, 2011

Holiday Trees

For the last few years I have wanted to do something with these styrofoam tree shapes but never felt inspired enough to sit down with them…..that was until I got Bella Blvd. "Christmas Wishes" !!!

I literally used something from every single patterned paper and sticker sheet in the collection to create these fun decorations for the holidays.

I punched several circles from both sides of the patterned papers with plain and scalloped edges and adhered them using 'tacky glue'. I then added brads for visual interest and a bit of extra security to keep the circle in place. Once the base of the trees were complete I went to work on 'decorating'….this was the super fun part !!

I adhered ribbon and a border sticker for garland, then added stickers and a few stars to tuck in on the green tree too.

The stars on the tops of the trees were cut from patterned paper and scored from each point into the center and adhere with a craft stick in behind pushed down into the foam tree.

The last step was adding chip shapes and precision cut shapes for gifts under the tree. Love it……

(Supplies: Christmas Wishes paper, Alphas & Bits, Just Write Journaling stickers. Misc: brads and ribbon)

Check back tomorrow to check out what i've been up to the past few days and why I've been away from my computer :)

Talk soon.
j. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment